What are your favorite Designer Wellness product(s)?
Organic Pro 30: As a cycle instructor and past volleyball athlete, this has always been my go to for replenishment and recovery fuel!
Designer Plant Protein: As someone who has severe GI issues, proteins can be difficult to find that settle well in the stomach without some of the uncomfortable symptoms that come along with it. This protein tastes amazing and does not give me any issues!
Why do you choose Designer Wellness?
As a dietitian with a background in sports nutrition, I am always trying to find the best of the best brands to not only recommend to my clients but to also use myself. I love that designer protein because it's additive free, gluten-free and offers a variety of protein powders to support anyone in their fitness journey.
Do you have a favorite go-to Designer Wellness recipe?
Prepare for the best protein gluten-free non-bake chocolate protein brownies! They are quite amazing!
-1 cup overripe mashed banana
-2/3 cup almond butter
-1/4 cup cookie butter (warmed for drizzle over the top)
-1/2 scoop designer whey protein chocolate powder
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 cup pure maple syrup
-1/2 cup crushed walnuts
Chocolate Avocado Frosting:
-2 ripe avocados
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-6-8 tbsp pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
-1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
-1/8 tsp salt
-optional 2 tbsp oil
1) Preheat oven to 325 F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
2) If using natural nut butter, gently warm it until it is easily stir-able. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir until completely smooth, and spread into the prepared pan. Bake on the center rack 20-25 minutes (20 for super fudgy brownies) – they will be undercooked when you take them out.
3) While the brownies are cooking, add all ingredients for the frosting and mix in a bowl. Set aside for frosting the brownies.
4) Let cool, then top with frosting! You can loosely cover with a paper towel and place in the fridge overnight, during which time they will firm up without losing their fudginess. They are also much sweeter the next day!
5) Once cut, the brownies can either be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Any information you would like to share to promote yourself and/or your business?
I am a Registered and Licensed Dietitian in Houston, Texas! I work for both BetterUp as a nutrition specialist and Noom as a health coach! I also teach cycle instructing on the side. I created fitfoodiecravings a couple of years ago with the intention of creating recipes that are delicious and cater to special diets whether you are gluten free, dairy free or just searching for new and exciting healthy recipes. You can find me on instagram @fitfoodiecravings I post delicious and allergen friendly recipes every week! You can also find more exciting content at fitfoodiecravings.com