- 1 can light coconut milk, shaken
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 t baking powder
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 scoops Designer Egg Classic Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 lbs. strawberries, cored and sliced
- 1 tub CocoWhip Topping or homemade coconut whipped cream
- Add shaken can of light coconut milk to large mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whisk together until well-combined.
- Add all dry ingredients to wet mixture and fold together until combined.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1/2 cup batter servings onto parchment lined baking sheet, leaving 1-2 inches between each shortcake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Cut shortcakes sandwich style, and top with sliced strawberries and CocoWhip.
By Megan Byrd, RD – The Oregon Dietitian