During the springtime, I can’t get enough carrot cake kinds of foods and this Carrot Cake Banana Bread with maple cream cheese frosting is AMAZING! #ad It uses a mixture of 100% whole wheat flour & oats for a nutritious base. It has little added sugar since the bananas are very sweet on their own. I added in Designer Egg protein in vanilla for a boost of protein.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup Designer Protein Vanilla Egg Protein
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting - 4 ounces neufchatel cream cheese. 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray
- Mix together all ingredients for bread except for pecans.
- Pour batter into bread pan and bake for about 40 minutes until when when a toothpick is inserted, it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Remove bread from pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt and maple syrup and spread over bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Slice and enjoy!
Courtesy of Registered Dietitian Amanda Hernandez