When life gives you lemons...make Lemon Pistachio Protein Cake! 🍋 (and don't forget to check out Monday's post to enter our giveaway with Designer Wellness Ambassadors @positravelty!)
* 1 serving of @designerprotein Egg Protein = 0g sugar, 50% fewer calories, 93% less fat, and 3x the protein of a normal egg.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar or sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- ½ cup pistachios
- 2 scoops @designerprotein Vanilla Egg Protein Powder
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar (I use Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon @designerprotein Vanilla Egg Protein Powder (for vanilla flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Blend the spinach, pistachios, and almond milk until smooth then pour into a large mixing bowl.
- add in the rest of the wet ingredients then combine with the dry ingredients.
- pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 baking pan and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- let cool then top with glaze and chopped pistachios.